Friday, October 20, 2006

a hello here, a blink there..

A funny sort of greeting method is seen going around amongst the hostel residents. Whenever you want to show a somewhat greater affection than just a vocal 'hi' and a smile, you "blink" your eyes.

a blink = both-eyed wink. :D

Maybe it's followed when one' s too lazy to lift up a hand and wave, or nod the head.
I for sure picked it up from our third-year seniors (and now I observe my grand-daughters following the same tradition!) I remember Dots and Consul as its most prominent pioneers. The way a mischievous smile would break out after they had 'blunked' their already twinkling eyes..it was fun!


[livejournal style: "current mood: nostalgic, happy].

5 Comments:

At Friday, October 20, 2006 4:03:00 AM , Blogger dying alone said...

I'll send a double-wink your way. ;) ;)
Come check out my blog!
It has promises of being inspiring... or interesting, at least!

 
At Thursday, November 02, 2006 2:13:00 AM , Blogger Sumedh said...

it's true and universal.. it's the laziness in my case :D

 
At Saturday, December 02, 2006 3:52:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont remember this technique being used on me !
[:O]

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007 3:15:00 AM , Blogger Medha P said...

Sounds bit funny.
Reason might not be laziness behind it, may be to say hi secretely but in accepted ishtyle :).
Afterall, it's campus communication !

 
At Monday, January 11, 2010 2:02:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home