Monday, February 13, 2006

Yooooo Hoo!

It's a Happy Day!!!!! They all are, no doubt. But this one is very very Happy.

I had sent the "nAdirA" translation to the original author.
One, because Priya had suggested once that the authors must feel nice if they come to know that their work is admired to the extent of being translated for the (poor!) marathi-illiterate folks.
Second, I thought that taking the permission of the original author before 're-circulation' would be a good thing. ;)
And of course, I had this minute hope that My Lord will actually read the translation and appreciate it, if I'm lucky. (We Leos are known to be hungry for praise!)
So I asked him (after having done the act!) if it was okay with him that I translate his poem for the benefit of one of my non-maharashtrian friends. :D (The friend in the question being Marami.)

Here's his reply:

From: britishnandi@sify.com [mailto:britishnandi@sify.com]Sent: Mon 2/13/2006 12:45 PM
To: Gayatri Natu
Subject: hats off!

Dear gayatriji,
i was actually zapped and awestruck while reading the trans-creation (this IS the right word!) of the poem NADIRA. honestly speaking english version sounds better than the original. indeed, it is BETTER. thanx for putting in so much effort...and congrats for the nearing perfection in doing so.
madam, and u ask me,- "chaalel na?"
tumchyasaarkhe vaachak milale, tar "dhaavel!
regards,
pravin tokekar

Enough to tickle me pink.
Should I adore myself more for this, or less..for letting it go into the head for a wee while? :D

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 12:12:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool! That was so awesome! Blushy baby!

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 12:13:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool! That was so awesome! Blushy baby!

 
At Friday, August 18, 2006 2:45:00 PM , Blogger सर्किट said...

wow! sahi!.. it was good 2 read that u got appreciation from Pravinji himself. The translation is indeed impressive.

 
At Saturday, October 14, 2006 3:49:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

y don't u blog it?

-ace.alchemist

 
At Friday, October 20, 2006 3:30:00 AM , Blogger Gayatri said...

Blog what, ace? do you mean the translation? I've added the link now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home